Examples where changes are due to
- solar cells
- Photosynthesis is a process whereby
green plants make food in the presence of light, water, chlorophyll and carbon
- Food produced by leaves is in the
form of glucose ( a simple sugar ) which is then converted to and stored as
starch in leaves.
- The food stored in leaves is the
source of food for all living things.
- The different intensity of light
that falls on the light-sensitive film paper causes different shades to
- The film is sensitive because it
is coated with an emulsion consisting of grains of silver salt suspended in
- When light falls on the silver
salt, the silver salt decomposes into silver, which produces the dark areas
on the film.
- Solar cells are made from elements
such as silicon or selenium.
- They can convert sunlight directly
[ Changes caused by heating ] [ Changes caused by light ] [ Changes caused by mixing ] [ Changes caused by electricity ]